Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Spa Day For The Van

 I didn’t plan it that way but somewhere out along the prairie where I saw both cows and horse peeing a west bound semi scored a direct hit with a rock on my east bound windscreen.

After the hit I was hoping that it didn’t damage my windscreen, but after washing it at the filling station, sure enough there was damage.

I remembered seeing a billboard for Speedy Glass, and it just so happened that the Speedy Glass was in the same town as me. Humm did they know that truck driver?

Google said they were around the block so I headed over, and they were more than happy to get me right in. Their shop doors looked small and I told the fella that the van with a name is 3.6 meters high. He proceeded to stare at the van, and then at his door. The look on his face said that he knew he had been out metriced  by  a rank amateur, and asked if he moved his pickup from the side of the building if I could back in where the pickup was. Sure, I said. I’m just about as good going backwards as forward, so he moved the pick-up, and I proceeded to maneuver into the spot where the truck had been that was in the shade, leaving enough room for the “Cart” .

The Operation Was A Success!

 Unlike the mobile Speedy fellow in Portland, that had a suction cup umbrella  these stationary Speedy have different equipment and they require shade, cuz  the resin they  all use hardens with ultra-violet radiation.

Now we all learned about ultraviolet light back in science class, or on the beach tanning or dropping acid with a cousin that not only had a black light but a giant poster of Jimi Hendrix that just went cosmic under the black light and if you took enough acid, he would speak to you. He only ever said hi to me, and I answered yes.

Psychedelic 

But back at Speedy I got the van with a name into position, the fellow came out and proceeded to fix the chip.

The fellow did a good job but the mobile Speedy fellow in Portland I think did a better job as they wiped  off my entire windscreen to see if I had any other chips. The mobile speedy and his wife were also more fun to talk to, but I will settle for my giant windscreen not exploding.

When maneuvering into position I noticed there was a Ford Dealership across the street.

The van with a name is yearning for a oil change and a inside visit with her Ford people.

Having no choice, I called Tisdale Ford …and asked if they had the Ford Oil change service.

Yes, was the answer and would 1:00 pm be, ok? Yes, is what I said.

That left time for some lunch and a stop for supplies.

Back at the dealer the van with a name waited anxiously to get inside that shop with the big door. The van was done in about 45 minutes. New oil, filter, tires, and brakes checked, all the other fluids checked and even washer fluid topped off. They didn’t wash the darn thing, but earlier in the day I had spotted Guppy’s Car And Truck Spa

Guppy’s is great. You can wash almost anything there. They have three massive bays that can hold 2 semis each. Another section for cars, and pickups. They even have a dog wash.

Free Vacuum's At Guppy's

The only downside is you have to do it yourself. Which I did, and I was impressed by the power of the power washer, the plentiful  suds of the “Foaming Brush”. The foaming stick, that I accidentally turned on, but never figured out what you could do with it. They even have a fire hose, that I didn’t use but I bet is pretty popular with truckers.

The van came out squeaky clean and it only cost $17. Something Canadian.

Now that I think about it, I should have asked if they had a laundry, cuz I gotta get it done in the morning.

 

 

 

 

 




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment