Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

In 2011 when I crossed into Canada on the Top Of The World highway I think I was traveling with Huckleberry. It must have been her. No one else I ride with loves the dirt as much as she does, and that rode is dirt from Chicken Alaskan   to Dawson City, Yukon

 At the border, the Customs Agent that came out to receive us just happened to be a young attractive un armed woman. We all had smiles and I knew this border crossing would be a good one.
Oh she did her job asking us how many guns we had with us. You know it can’t be easy keeping paranoid armed amerikans out of your country, and we were glad to be leaving Alaska where almost every road sign on every  highway has been shot so full of holes.

Photo Opportunity Ahead Watch Out  For Friendly Fire

that you might just as well replace them with targets because you can’t read them anyway, and every gun owner here is a responsible gun owner and would never shoot a road sign…And that is another blog post because this one is aboot what that border guard did when I asked her to stamp my passport.
What she did was smile and say she would be glad to stamp my passport, and Huckleberry’s too, and that their stamp ,at the top of the world border crossing was the coolest one in all of Canada, and everyone wanted it.

It was a sunny day, I just got the coolest passport stamp in all of Canada, I’m with a good friend, riding motorcycles, over one of the must ride roads in the north. Once in Dawson we stop to ask a local for restaurant recommendations, and as she is telling us to try the Greek place, because it is owned by Nick, who is from the Isle of Lesbo a bird fly’s by and shits on her head, and she says not to worry because it is bath day. Well I didn’t worry cuz non got on me, and if I wanted it to be my bath day too, well the Dawson City B&B had all the hot water, soap,  and towels I would need.

 Still that day, lingers as a perfect day partially because of that stamp…
 
Coolest Passport Stamp In The Entire North
She stamped the northern page of your passport with the totem and the bear grabbing a big fish, and the words from the first Thanksgiving Mohawk version I plan to read at our biker thanksgiving…
To The Animals We gather our minds together to send greetings and thanks to all the Animal life in the world. They have many things to teach us as people. We are honored by them when they give up their lives so we may use their bodies as food for our people. We see them near our homes and in the deep forests. We are glad they are still here and we hope that it will always be so.

 The entire Mohawk version of the first Thanksgiving is quite long. I’m glad to be with good friends, again on Thanksgiving,  I hope it will always be so.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. yeah... that was me... we do have a good time and thanks be to the Canadian's, eh? For without them we would have boring standard stamps.

    ReplyDelete