Thursday, May 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Bob

Its' Bob Dylan's 71 birthday today. Who knew? I wouldn't have except pubic radio station KNBA told me so, and today they  played lots of Dylan's tunes, some by him and others remade by lot's and lots of old and new musicians.
Quite a amazing collection of songs. And what great lines!
"The drilling in the wall kept up, but no one seamed to pay it any mind"
"Broken voices on broken phones"
One of my all time favorite Dylan lines is from Hurricane. KNBA actually plays a radio version of the song,  "It makes me feel ashamed to live in a land where justice is a game" remains unedited.
Long ago, living in California the state sent me a questionnaire that you were supposed to fill out and send back so you could be selected for jury duty. I wrote that line "Where justice is a game" across that questionnaire and sent it back. They never called me for jury duty ever again.
Just think how much more we have to be ashamed of living in amerika today than when Bob wrote that line way back in 1976.

So Happy Birthday  Bob you have a wonderful voice, for someone that don't sing very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment