Wednesday, March 20, 2024

I Voted

Last time I needed to vote via e mail I was in Australia, and I had phone data. I called the Anchorage Municipal Clerk, explained my unique situation of being in Sydney on top of the bridge, and within hours the municipal ballot was in my e mail inbox.


Sydney Harbor Bridge Climb It If You Ever Visit

It was then a simple matter of asking the front desk at the hotel if they could print a document for me. They did. I voted, and e mailed  my ballot back to Anchorage. The MOA clerk even called me (long distance) because the ballot form was the size of legal paper, and the desk clerk had printed it on regular ol paper. This caused a issue because the page size cut off an entire proposition, and the MOA clerk wanted to know how I would like to vote on it.

This municipal election in April is a serious chance to replace the most sexist, racist, homophobic, incompetent, fascist mayor we have ever had. This guy bronson  he makes other horrible mayors we have had, seem like the golden age of enlighten,


Backwards Is The Way Of bronson

And I’m not missing an opportunity to vote against him.

Since I was nearing the town named for a friendly ghost, Casper I googled first a RV park, and came up with Fort Casper RV Park. I called them and a nice lady answered the phone. I said they must be open if she answered the phone. She said they were on “Stand-By” what ever that meant but to come in and pull into spot 35 B under the huge cottonweed trees that would crush the van with a name if branches break off and come in  to the office on Monday morning at 8  a.m. and  pay.


Big Foots Cowboy Boots

I stayed in 35 B plugged into their electric. No branches crushed me, and in the morning, I pulled up to the office a little before the 8:00 am opening and stared at  a very large cat that was in the office, that was staring at me.

Just before 8 a lady pulled up in a big  black F350 pickup truck and went into the office. I waited just a bit then I went into the office and explained that I was there to pay after calling on Sunday and talking to her coworker.

She knew all about me and started to fuss with the computer. We continued talking and then the very large cat jumped up on the counter and looked at me. I pet it, called it pretty kitty. It purred like a lion. The lady said the cat was not a nice cat, but it continued to purr  as I pet it. She continued to fuss with the computer. Now maybe she was computer illiterate. Maybe I was the first person the cat ever liked (and I was hoping I wouldn’t have to take it with me) but she finally said camping was free, for me. I thanked her and got out of there before the cat knew what was happening.

Before Casper I had called the municipal clerk and they had sent me the application for e mail ballot. Now the van with a name does not have a printer. I looked. I came up with a sewer hose I didn’t know I had, but no printer. After I googled RV parks in Casper, I googled IBEW near me, and sure enough local 322 was right there in Casper, and I knew, that even if I had to work a day, they would print my form just to get rid of me.

The nice lady at the hall was happy to print my form and soon I was on my way.  I waited till I was out of town a ways, filled out my application, and sent it to Anchorage.


Phone Data Only At This Cabin

I pulled into the same KOA at Rock Springs that  I stayed at east bound. This is not my favorite place to stay but it is convenient, and the showers are clean. The view leaves something to be desired.


A Great View At The Rock Springs KOA & It Blocks The Highway Noise

After my shower I checked my e mail, and sure enough there was my ballot, and the highly official voter Declaration that needed to be witnessed. Still not having a printer I went up to the ‘camp office’ and asked the nice lady if she could print a document for me. She said sure, and as soon as she gave me the e mail address with the @ in it, she had the printer rolling. I wasn’t going to push my luck with her on the  Declaration. I figured I could find another hall or do plan B.

The nearest union hall was in Salt Lake City, and without Maya as a guide I didn’t want to go there. I opted for plan B that involved finding my bank with a notary and have the form officially done, only at the bank branch the notary said she couldn’t put her name on the form which I thought was odd, and so the did the county clerk that I went to next and she got the job done…


Your Name Is On Your Notary Seal

So long bronson.











 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment